Monday, March 8, 2010

Day Two of the Adventure

Tuesday was a great day. I got to meet a ton of really cool teachers from all over the United States. (I know it is hard to believe but they are COOL.)

 

We had great presentations from the Finalist for 2011 Teacher on the Trail. Each one of them did a great job and is an unique individual that would bring something special to the race. I have no idea how the Education Committee will make a decision.



















Then it was off on an incredible field trip to
Jon and Jona Van Zyle's Dog Yard and Studio.
Jon is the official artist of the Iditarod and Jona is also an amazing artist.

 

 

  Exxon Mobil is an Partner in Education with the Iditarod Education Program.

They were very kind to the teachers. We received very cool Iditarod Fleece Jackets and a classroom subscription to Iditarod Insider. Very Cool!
 
Exxon Mobil also sponsors
Dr. Harris was the first African-American to walk in space. Isn't that cool?

Overall it was a great day.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment